1. Bookings are accepted subject to the yacht being available. The right is reserved to cancel any bookings made and in the event of such cancellation, no liability shall fall on us except that any monies paid shall be refunded.
2. A booking deposit of 25% of the charter fee is required to confirm the booking
3. Payment of the balance of the charter fee must be made 30 days prior to the commencement of the charter.
4. A £1500.00 security deposit should be paid prior to boarding your yacht in cash, BACS transfer, by debit card or Cheque.
5. Any deposits and charter fees paid (with the exception of the security deposit) are not refundable in the event of the hirer not being able to proceed with his charter, and once the deposit is paid the charterer is responsible for the entire charter fee which is due 30 days before the start of the charter. It is therefore advisable for cancellation and/or Holiday Insurance to be taken out by the charterer upon confirmation of this booking form. In the event of bad weather (winds exceeding F6) we will endeavour to find alternative dates free of charge.
6. No liability or responsibility is accepted for any loss or additional expenses incurred by accident, sickness, strikes, stoppages, lockouts of workmen or of transport personnel not in the direct employment of the company.
7. A charterer returning a yacht late will be liable to a charge of twice the daily rate for each day or part of day overdue. If it seems likely that you will not be able to return your yacht on time, contact us as soon as possible so that we may make the best possible arrangements for the next charterer.
8. The charterer is responsible for leaving the yacht and its equipment clean. It should be left in the condition that he/she would like to find it on arrival. If required arrangements can be made for the yacht to be cleaned for a fee of £50.
9. (a) Solent Yacht Charter Ltd. shall be contactable throughout the period the yacht is on hire under this agreement and so long as the yacht remains in the cruising area insure the crew and keep the yacht and her outfit, gear, machinery and equipment (but not including consumable supplies) insured, subject to the usual warranties, conditions and exclusions, under a marine yacht policy against fire, marine and collision risks and maintain protection and indemnity cover (“the insurance policies”). Provided that the obligation of Solent Yacht Charter Ltd. to ensure shall not extend to insure against loss of life or personal injury to, or loss or damage to any personal effect or any other property of the charterer or any other person on board or near the yacht (other than a member of the crew) arising from any cause whatsoever. The charterer shall indemnify the owner against all costs, proceedings, claims and demands sustained by, or brought or made against, the owner on account of any loss, damage or injury arising from any cause whatsoever to which Solent Yacht Charter’s obligation to insure does not extend.
(b) The charterer shall give prompt notice to Solent Yacht Charter Ltd. of any event giving, or which may give rise to a claim under the insurance policies.
(c)The charterer shall not be liable to Solent Yacht Charter Ltd. for any loss, damage or injury to, or caused by the yacht, her outfit, gear, machinery or equipment which is recoverable by Solent Yacht Charter Ltd. under the insurance policies but shall be liable to Nomad sailing Ltd. for any such loss, damage or injury which is not so recoverable by reasons of any wilful or negligent act of the charterer or his passengers.
10. The charterer undertakes to observe and comply with all seagoing rules and regulations currently in force.
11. Unless otherwise stated, all yachts are fully equipped as per the inventory.
12. Yachts must not be occupied by more persons that the stated number of berths
13. Solent Yacht Charter Ltd will exercise all reasonable care to see that the yacht and equipment when chartered is in every respect in good order, but they shall be exempt from all liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or property however arising and whether occasioned or contributed to by the act, the neglect default or omission of the owners, their servants or by reason of any defect in or any insufficiency of yacht and equipment whether existing at the commencement of a holiday or at any other time.
14. No animals or pets of any sort may be taken on board.
15. No firearms may be taken on board.
16. Only those persons nominated on the booking form are permitted aboard whilst the yacht is under sail unless permission has been given by Solent Yacht Charter Ltd or their agent.
17. In some cases the conditions 1 –15 may be superseded by a separate contract.
18. Phew !