Solent Yacht Charter were one of the first in the industry to offer boat owners a way to realise some income from their boats while not in use, thereby offsetting some of those expensive costs associated with owning a boat. For over 20 years we have successfully managed a varied fleet of yachts and motor yachts for customers from all over the world
We deal with all the admin and paperwork involved in each charter and make sure that the boat is spotless and topped up with fuel and water ready for you to use. We can also take care of all maintenance, repairs, servicing of safety equipment and the coding inspections required for charter.
So, if you’re thinking of buying a boat or would like your boat to earn it’s keep – give us a call.
Solent Yacht Charter are based at Haslar Marina, Gosport. Once out of the marina it’s a very short hop to be into the Solent proper. From here you are a only an hour or two’s sail to the world’s most famous boating base, Cowes, or travel the other way and you will get to the beautiful Chichester Harbour. The Solent and beyond is your playground, and it’s widespread appeal mean regular revenue from those wishing to charter your boat.
What we do
- We ensure your boat is kept in excellent condition.
- We share the yachts availability calendar with you so you can check bookings and block of time for your own use as well.
- We do all the promotion and advertising for you. We have an established website and are highly active on social media. In addition you will benefit from direct marketing not only to SYC customers but also to customers in our sailing school, Nomad Sailing.
- We deal with all the administration involved in chartering out your vessel.
- We pay you your percentage of the charter income on a monthly basis.
- We vet all potential charterers to ensure they have the right qualifications and experience.
- We check your vessel at the beginning and end of any charter to ensure it is returned in tip top condition.
- We are on-call 24/7 for all charterers to contact us during their charter should they need.
- We have created an online cruising guide for the Solent for all our charterers and students giving them information about the main ports / harbours and rivers in the Solent, this also includes navigational information.
- Having owned and managed Nomad Sailing for over 11 years we have a pool of existing enthusiastic sailors and students who will be future charterers.
For more specific details, view our Frequently Asked Questions page,
CONTACT US NOW TO FIND OUT MORE:
TEL: 02392 528019